Frequently Asked Questions

  ADA/508 friendly site


What are the restricted countries where I may not sell my goods?

You cannot think only of "restricted countries" because some of our export controls apply worldwide. Where you may or may not ship your goods varies with each transaction and depends on the nature of the goods, the identity of the proposed recipient of the goods, and the activity or activities in which the recipient is involved. You must determine that information before you can decide whether you need an export license.

In some situations, the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) requires an export license for shipments to any country in the world (even Canada, in rare circumstances). Part 746 of the EAR lists countries that are subject to embargoes or other special controls. 

For more information on the restricted countries, contact the Office of Foreign Asset and Controls at (202) 622-2490.


Was this answer helpful?