Frequently Asked Questions

  ADA/508 friendly site


When I'm shipping something out of the U.S., do I need to know my Export Control Classification Number (ECCN)?

When exporting commodities out of the United States (or releasing technology or source code to a foreign national in the United States), you need to classify the item to determine if an export license is required from any U.S. Government  agency. If an item is on the Commerce Control List, you need to know the ECCN to determine whether an export license is required.


Was this answer helpful?