Frequently Asked Questions

  ADA/508 friendly site


I forgot to file the Electronic Export Information (EEI) for an export shipment that has already departed. What do I do now?

If you forgot to file the Electronic Export Information (EEI) in AES, then file the SED as soon as you become aware of the oversight. Expect to receive a compliance alert for the late filing. Ensure that future shipments are filed successfully before the cargo is passed to the carrier.

If you have numerous missing Electronic Export Information (EEI) records for an extended period of time, voluntarily disclose this information to the Census Bureau. Contact AES Support at 800-549-0595 then, select menu option 1 for further assistance.


Was this answer helpful?